- occupants 14
3 Double beds
7 Single beds
1 Sofa bed
- 6 Bedrooms 6
1 Bathroom with bathtub
3 Bathrooms with shower
- 210 m² 210 m²
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi
This self-catering 6-bedroom apartment, part of old Alfama, is a must if you enjoy views and traditional neighborhoods. In typical Alfama, where Fado was born, with extensive views over the river, cruise ships, and the misty south bank of the Tagus, this is the apartment for you! Six colorful bedrooms and 4 renovated bathrooms and a toilet, a living room with a honey-colored wooden floor and a lovely, private balcony is a fantastic environment for a large group of people. Its tastefully decorated interiors are constantly enhanced by the ever-changing sunlight reflected on the river, which can best be enjoyed at sunset, on the apartment’s balcony, with a glass of wine in your hand.
Officially registered as local accommodation: 353/AL
This apartment is part of a renovated 18th-century building in the historic center of quintessential Alfama. High ceilings (3.30 m) and tall windows are some of the apartment’s features. Located on the 4th floor (no lift), it faces the awe-inspiring river front and the boats passing by. On Sundays, you can often witness sail boat races from the lovely French balcony, our favorite part of the house. The living room is spacious and tasteful. Classy yet informal, it has pure white walls, white painted chairs and wooden doors and, for a touch of extra elegance, just a few splashes of color. This room is next door to the charming dining room. Both rooms overlook the Tagus, as does one of the bedrooms. The other 4 bedrooms offer views over the apartment’s back and side street – overlooking the impressive National Pantheon and a cascade of little houses and striking buildings – and there is one windowless bedroom. They are all comfortable, cozy and brightly decorated. The 4 bathrooms and toilet have been renovated and the kitchen is fully equipped.
This typical quarter, close to monuments such as São Vicente de Fora convent or the Panteão Nacional, is home to souvenir shops, good value for money restaurants, the “Feira da Ladra” (the flea market on Tuesdays and Saturdays), the Fado Museum and also some of Lisbon’s best Fado venues.
Enjoying a traditional dinner to the sound of Portuguese guitars and the dramatic voices of Fado singers, will make you enter a state of inexplicable melancholy which the Portuguese call “saudade”.
This apartment is exceptionally well situated to explore the maze of winding alleyways, cobbled stone streets, old fountains and beautiful aristocratic façades. On foot, obviously. On your way, you’ll also come across grocers, shoemakers and other artisans who have been selling their products for over 40 years! This is real, genuine Lisbon, the one most visitors fall in love at first sight.
The apartment is within walking distance of some of Lisbon’s highlights: 5 min from the Fado Museum, the National Pantheon (where the Portuguese royal family and prestigious Portuguese are buried) and the convent of São Vicente de Fora; São Jorge Castle and the Sé Cathedral are about 10 min away; Praça do Comércio and downtown Rossio square no more than 20 min; aristocratic Chiado and alternative Bairro Alto quarters – about 25 min. Of course, you’ll also have to explore Belém – the museum quarter. So please take a bus or a tram and spend some time there. There’s loads to see in Belém!
Nearby, less than a 5 min walk away, runs the ultra-famous 28 tram line which passes through some of the city’s best historical areas, as well as Santa Apolónia metro and train station, which links Lisbon to all the major cities. The metro network reaches a good part of Lisbon. Metro and buses can also take you to Cais do Sodré train station, which serves the beautiful Cascais and Estoril summer resorts, or to Rossio train station, from where you can reach Lord Byron’s beloved town of Sintra.
- accommodates 14
- 6 bedrooms (1 with river views, 4 with back views and 1 with no windows – they all have the option of a double bed or 2 singles)
- 4 full bathrooms + 1 toilet (with a small shower)
- living room
- dining room
- fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, washer, coffee machine, juicer, kettle, microwave and others)
- French balcony
- Area of 190 square meters
- Officially registered as local accommodation: 353/AL
Towels and linen
Flat screen TV with multi international channels
1 baby cot and 1 baby chair (if required)
Welcome amenities (coffee, tea, sugar, salt, olive oil, vinegar, toilet paper and hand soap). Kindly note this is a self-catering apartment. These items will not be replaced during your stay.
We have prepared a booklet with general information about Lisbon. Apart from some of its main highlights, it includes suggestions regarding restaurants, bars, shopping, transport and special neighborhoods, as well as some unique recommendations that will make all the difference to your time with us.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are your “friends in town” and will be delighted to help you enjoy a real and authentic Lisbon experience. We hold our guests’ needs and comfort in high esteem and are always available to provide you with information and tips about the city and its surroundings.
- 4th floor without lift in a 18th century building
- 3,30 m high ceilings
- restricted car area. Private cars can go to where the street starts (about 40m from the apartment). Taxis, though, can leave you at the apartment door. There is a public car park nearby (8€/24h)
- there is a refundable security deposit of 1000€ (payable with credit card through the Paypal system - no need to have a Paypal account)
- check-in: from 5 pm / check-out: from 8 to 10 am. There is no problem in arriving late; however please note that after 10 pm there will be a late check-in fee*. If you need a different check-in / check-out time, please let us know. We’ll try to make it as flexible as possible as we want our guests to feel relaxed and happy (it depends mainly on whether it interferes with other reservations or not).
- Additionally, upon check-in or departure, we are happy to keep your luggage in our office for a few hours if possible.
*late check-in fee: 30€ (from 10pm); 40€ (from midnight). The key can be collected from a safe box at our office and check-in can be done the next morning at no extra cost. There is also a delay fee of 20€ should you arrive more than 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time. In this case, you might have to wait as it will be necessary to reschedule the day’s check-ins.
We thank you in advance for respecting our house rules. They are very important to us.
Please find them below:
- note that you’ll be staying in a residential building. We kindly ask you to respect your neighbors’ rest and privacy
- quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am (loud noise is not permitted during this period)
- strictly no parties
- no smoking in the apartment and in the building’s common areas
- no pets
- upon check-out, please do not leave any garbage, dirty dishes or food in the fridge.
- please note that if you are visiting us on a stag or hen break, we can only accept your group provided all house rules are strictly accepted and followed. Please notify us in advance and we’ll try to make an exception.
If house rules are not respected the refundable deposit will have to be activated.
GeneralTouristic Registration Number: 353/AL and 39563/AL
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
- €2.00 per person/night (Children under 13 years €0.00 per child/night)
Check-in schedule/Check-out schedule
Security Deposit (refundable)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
100% of the first payment when booking this property is NON-REFUNDABLE
100% of the first payment when booking this property is NON-REFUNDABLE:
- Check-in schedule: from 17:00 to 22:00 every day
- Check-out schedule: Before 10:00
- The agency asks you to contact them a week before arrival to inform them of your plane/ship Nº and the arrival time to arrange key collection.
- During the low-season check in and check-out hours are flexible. Contact the agency to discuss possibilities .
- Refund of security deposit to the credit card 24/48h after your departure
- Arrival out of office opening hours: Arrange collection of the keys with the agency. The total amount must be paid in advance.
- VAT included in the accommodation price
- Pets not allowed.
Map and distances
Town centre - Lisboa
Restaurant - Many restaurants nearby
Shops - small groceries and supermarket Pingo Doce
Train station - Santa Apolonia train station
Metro station - Santa Apolonia metro station
River - Rio Tejo
Nature reserve - Monsanto
Bus station - Sete Rios bus station
Airport - Lisbon airport
Amusement park / theme park - Kidzania
Water park - Acqua Splash Seixal
Sand beach - Estoril, Cascais, Carcavelos
Rock beach - Guincho
Golf course - Beloura Golf, Golf Estoril, Quinta Marinha Golf
Ski Resort - Serra da Estrela
|DatesPrice(night) VAT included|
|August - 2022|
|September - 2022|
|October - 2022|
|November - 2022|
|December - 2022|
|January - 2023|