- occupants 10
1 Queen size bed
7 Single beds
1 Sofa bed single
- 4 Bedrooms 4
1 Bathroom with bathtub
2 Bathrooms with shower
- 120 m² 120 m²
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi
This self-catering 4 bedroom apartment is part of an 18th century building, perfect for a family or a large group of friends. Comfortable and bright, blue and gold are possibly the bestwords to describe the breathtaking views from the apartment windows: intensely blue during the day and melting gold in the early morning and at sunset. The apartment is situated on a hill at the heart of old Alfama near to metro and the famous Tram 28.
Spacious and comfortable the apartment includes 2 bedrooms with river views, 1 towards a quiet alley and a smaller one with no windows. The living/dining room also benefit from the beautiful river light as well as from views of cruise ships passing by. On weekends you are likely to see many sailing boats making the most of Lisbon’s strong breeze. With high ceilings (3,30 m) its interiors exude good vibes. The turquoise rugs sometimes match the color of the sky reflected on the river.
Next to national monuments such as Se Cathedral, São Jorge Castle or Panteão Nacional, you are 4 minutes away from the famous 28 tram, which crosses some of Lisbon’s best historical quarters, but also from the grandiose Praça do Comércio with its symmetrical archways and many wine bars. On summer nights, light and sound performances are frequent here, a good way to enjoy the night’s freshness with a glass of wine in your hand.
However, if you stay in Alfama you will find a different world: narrow alleyways and small squares where you can eat deliciously fresh sardines, boiled potatoes and grilled peppers together with much sangria (or wine). Alfama is also representative of Lisbon Fado (as there is another type of Fado in Coimbra). It can be heard and experienced (because it is an unforgettable experience) in numerous restaurants and taverns, but only at night. Alfama people are also celebrated for being friendly.
The apartment is walking distance from many famous sites: 5 min from Fado Museum,Panteão Nacional (where the Portuguese royal family and prestigious Portuguese are buried) and São Vicente de Fora convent; 10 min from São Jorge Castle and Se Cathedral; 15 min from Praça do Comércio and downtown Rossio square; 25 min from Avenida da Liberdade, the aristocratic Chiado and the alternative Bairro Alto quarters. Of course, you will also have to explore Belém – the Museum quarter. So please take a bus or a tram and spend some time there. Loads to see in Belém!
Nearby, less than a 5 min walk, runs the ultra-famous 28 tram line which crosses some of the best historical quarters, as well as Santa Apolónia tube and train station which links Lisbon to the country’s North and South. The metro network reaches a good part of Lisbon, including the airport. Metro and buses can take you to Cais do Sodré train station which serves the beautiful Cascais and Estoril summer resorts, or to Rossio train station from where you can reach Lord Byron’s beloved village of Sintra.
- accommodates 8/ max. 10
- 3,30 m high ceiling
- 4 bedrooms (one with no windows) with the option of a double bed or 2 singles.
- 1 bedroom has a sofa bed and may also include 1 extra bed;
- living/dining room with river vue
- No balcony
- 3 bathrooms (2 with shower, 1 with a bathtub)
- fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, washing machine , coffee machine, juicer, kettle, microwave and others)
- Area of 120 sqm
Officially registered as local accommodation: 1567/AL
Towels and linen
Flat screen TV with multi international channels
1 baby cot and 1 baby chair (if required)
Welcome amenities (coffee, tea, sugar, salt, olive oil, vinegar, toilet paper and hand soap). Kindly note this is a self-catering apartment. These items will not be replaced during your stay.
We have prepared a booklet with general information about Lisbon. Apart from some of its main highlights, it includes suggestions regarding restaurants, bars, shopping, transport and special neighborhoods, as well as some unique recommendations that will make all the difference to your time with us.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are your “friends in town” and will be delighted to help you enjoy a real and authentic Lisbon experience. We hold our guests’ needs and comfort in high esteem and are always available to provide you with information and tips about the city and its surroundings.
- 2nd floor in a 18th century building (no lift)
- restricted car area. Private cars can go to where the street starts (about 40m from the apartment). Taxis, though, can leave you at the apartment door. There is a public car park nearby (8€/24h)
- there is a refundable security deposit of 350€ (payable with credit card through the Paypal system - no need to have a Paypal account)
- check-in: from 4 pm / check-out: from 8 to 11 am. There is no problem in arriving late; however please note that after 10 pm there will be a late check-in fee*. If you need a different check-in / check-out time, please let us know. We’ll try to make it as flexible as possible as we want our guests to feel relaxed and happy (it depends mainly on whether it interferes with other reservations or not).
- Additionally, upon check-in or departure, we are happy to keep your luggage in our office for a few hours if possible.
*late check-in fee: 30€ (from 10pm); 40€ (from midnight). The key can be collected from a safe box at our office and check-in can be done the next morning at no extra cost. There is also a delay fee of 20€ should you arrive more than 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time. In this case, you might have to wait as it will be necessary to reschedule the day’s check-ins.
We thank you in advance for respecting our house rules. They are very important to us.
Please find them below:
- note that you’ll be staying in a residential building. We kindly ask you to respect your neighbors’ rest and privacy
- quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am (loud noise is not permitted during this period)
- strictly no parties
- no smoking in the apartment and in the building’s common areas
- no pets
- upon check-out, please do not leave any garbage, dirty dishes or food in the fridge.
- please note that if you are visiting us on a stag or hen break, we can only accept your group provided all house rules are strictly accepted and followed. Please notify us in advance and we’ll try to make an exception.
If house rules are not respected the refundable deposit will have to be activated.
Independent kitchen (gas)
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
Security Deposit (refundable)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
The customer will ALWAYS lose a total amount of pre-payments
The customer will ALWAYS lose a total amount of pre-payments
- Arrival out of office opening hours: keys will be left in a safety box. The total amount must be paid in advance.
Map and distances
Town centre - Lisboa
Restaurant - Many restaurants nearby
Shops - small groceries and supermarket Pingo Doce
Train station - Santa Apolonia train station
Metro station - Santa Apolonia metro station
River - Rio Tejo
Nature reserve - Monsanto
Bus station - Sete Rios bus station
Airport - Lisbon airport
Amusement park / theme park - Kidzania
Water park - Acqua Splash Seixal
Sand beach - Estoril, Cascais, Carcavelos
Rock beach - Guincho
Golf course - Beloura Golf, Golf Estoril, Quinta Marinha Golf
Ski Resort - Serra da Estrela
|DatesPrice(night) VAT included|
|September - 2023|
|October - 2023|
|November - 2023|
|December - 2023|
|January - 2024|
|February - 2024|