- occupants 8
1 Double bed
5 Single beds
1 Sofa bed
- 3 Bedrooms 3
3 Bathrooms with shower
- 120 m² 120 m²
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi
Good INTERNET CONNECTION
If you’re coming to Lisbon, you couldn’t possibly choose a better apartment. Located on a hill in the heart of Alfama, Lisbon’s oldest and most fascinating quarter, this bright apartment is ideal for families or groups. Sunny and spacious, it affords glorious views over the beautiful Tagus estuary. If you’re a romantic or tend towards contemplation, this is the best place to enjoy a view that will remain with you for the rest of your life.
Lovely interiors, a sun-drenched living room, scenic views and beautiful surroundings are this apartment’s main features.
It’s also right next door to some national “jewels”, such as the convent of São Vicente de Fora, Sé Cathedral and São Jorge Castle. There are plenty of restaurants and Fado venues in the neighborhood, as well as the lively, picturesque flea market on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Our guests love this apartment because of its river views and “authentic” Lisbon location.
Once you open the door to the apartment you’ll be struck by the scenic, incredibly blue water of the river Tagus. Trust us, it’s a view that will remain with you for the rest of your life! So, to make the most of this scenery, take a seat, pick up a glass of wine in one hand, maybe a book in the other, and just dream away!
This homely apartment offers 3 bedrooms (1 with a double bed, the other 2 can have a double bed or 2 singles) and 3 bathrooms (with showers, one is en suite). The 2 bedrooms with river view include traditional balconies, with decorated iron railings, tall windows and unusually high ceilings, as does the spacious and comfortable living-room. The other side looks onto a blind alley with quaint cobblestone streets.
This typical quarter, close to monuments such as São Vicente de Fora convent or the Panteão Nacional, is home to souvenir shops, good value for money restaurants, the “Feira da Ladra” (the flea market on Tuesdays and Saturdays), the Fado Museum and also some of Lisbon’s best Fado venues.
Enjoying a traditional dinner to the sound of Portuguese guitars and the dramatic voices of Fado singers, will make you enter a state of inexplicable melancholy which the Portuguese call “saudade”.
This apartment is exceptionally well situated to explore the maze of winding alleyways, cobbled stone streets, old fountains and beautiful aristocratic façades. On foot, obviously. On your way, you’ll also come across grocers, shoemakers and other artisans who have been selling their products for over 40 years! This is real, genuine Lisbon, the one most visitors fall in love at first sight.
The apartment is within walking distance of some of Lisbon’s highlights: 5 min from the Fado Museum, the National Pantheon (where the Portuguese royal family and prestigious Portuguese are buried) and the convent of São Vicente de Fora; São Jorge Castle and the Sé Cathedral are about 10 min away; Praça do Comércio and downtown Rossio square no more than 20 min; aristocratic Chiado and alternative Bairro Alto quarters – about 25 min. Of course, you’ll also have to explore Belém – the museum quarter. So please take a bus or a tram and spend some time there. There’s loads to see in Belém!
Nearby, less than a 5 min walk away, runs the ultra-famous 28 tram line which passes through some of the city’s best historical areas, as well as Santa Apolónia metro and train station, which links Lisbon to all the major cities. The metro network reaches a good part of Lisbon. Metro and buses can also take you to Cais do Sodré train station, which serves the beautiful Cascais and Estoril summer resorts, or to Rossio train station, from where you can reach Lord Byron’s beloved town of Sintra.
Accommodates 6 /max. 8
3 bedrooms (1 with a double bed the other 2 with the option of a double bed or 2 singles). Sofa and extra beds when necessary (2 bedrooms for 3 people, 1 bedroom for 2 people)
2 bedrooms include typical Portuguese balconies with river view
3,30 m high ceilings
3 bathrooms with showers (one en suite)
Fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, oven, fridge, coffee machine, juicer, kettle, microwave and others)
Area of 120 sqm
Officially registered as local accommodation: 2167/AL
Towels and linen
Flat screen TV with multi international channels
1 baby cot and 1 baby chair (if required)
Welcome amenities (coffee, tea, sugar, salt, olive oil, vinegar, toilet paper and hand soap). Kindly note this is a self-catering apartment. These items will not be replaced during your stay.
We have prepared a booklet with general information about Lisbon. Apart from some of its main highlights, it includes suggestions regarding restaurants, bars, shopping, transport and special neighborhoods, as well as some unique recommendations that will make all the difference to your time with us.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We are your “friends in town” and will be delighted to help you enjoy a real and authentic Lisbon experience. We hold our guests’ needs and comfort in high esteem and are always available to provide you with information and tips about the city and its surroundings.
- 2nd floor without lift in a 18th century building
- restricted car area. Private cars can go to where the street starts (about 40m from the apartment). Taxis, though, can leave you at the apartment door. There is a public car park nearby (8€/24h)
- there is a refundable security deposit of 350€ (payable with credit card through the Paypal system - no need to have a Paypal account)
- check-in: from 4 pm / check-out: from 8 to 11 am. There is no problem in arriving late; however please note that after 10 pm there will be a late check-in fee*. If you need a different check-in / check-out time, please let us know. We’ll try to make it as flexible as possible as we want our guests to feel relaxed and happy (it depends mainly on whether it interferes with other reservations or not).
- Additionally, upon check-in or departure, we are happy to keep your luggage in our office for a few hours if possible.
*late check-in fee: 30€ (from 10pm); 40€ (from midnight). The key can be collected from a safe box at our office and check-in can be done the next morning at no extra cost. There is also a delay fee of 20€ should you arrive more than 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time. In this case, you might have to wait as it will be necessary to reschedule the day’s check-ins.
We thank you in advance for respecting our house rules. They are very important to us.
Please find them below:
- note that you’ll be staying in a residential building. We kindly ask you to respect your neighbors’ rest and privacy
- quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am (loud noise is not permitted during this period)
- strictly no parties
- no smoking in the apartment and in the building’s common areas
- no pets
- upon check-out, please do not leave any garbage, dirty dishes or food in the fridge.
- please note that if you are visiting us on a stag or hen break, we can only accept your group provided all house rules are strictly accepted and followed. Please notify us in advance and we’ll try to make an exception.
If house rules are not respected the refundable deposit will have to be activated.
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
- €2.00 per person/night (Children under 13 years €0.00 per child/night)
Check-in schedule/Check-out schedule
Security Deposit (refundable)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
100% of the first payment when booking this property is NON-REFUNDABLE
100% of the first payment when booking this property is NON-REFUNDABLE:
- Check-in schedule: from 16:00 to 22:00 every day
- Check-out schedule: Before 11:00
- Arrival out of office opening hours: keys will be left in a safety box. The total amount must be paid in advance.
Map and distances
Restaurant - Many restaurants nearby
Town centre - Lisboa
Shops - small groceries and supermarket Pingo Doce
Train station - Santa Apolonia train station
Metro station - Santa Apolonia metro station
River - Rio Tejo
Nature reserve - Monsanto
Bus station - Sete Rios bus station
Airport - Lisbon airport
Amusement park / theme park - Kidzania
Water park - Acqua Splash Seixal
Sand beach - Estoril, Cascais, Carcavelos
Rock beach - Guincho
Golf course - Beloura Golf, Golf Estoril, Quinta Marinha Golf
Ski Resort - Serra da Estrela
|DatesPrice(night) VAT included|
|September - 2022|
|October - 2022|
|November - 2022|
|December - 2022|
|January - 2023|
|February - 2023|